EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - NNADAP COORDINATOR 2023 PDF
Treaty 6 enshrines the Medicine Chest clause that acknowledges a treaty right to health for Yellowhead Tribal Council’s four-member Nations of Alexander First Nation, Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation, O’Chiese First Nation, and Sunchild First Nation.
Yellowhead Tribal Council’s organizational purpose is to support the Nations and Health Department in their roles and responsibilities.
The NNADAP Coordinator is to provide guidance and support to the community of NNADAP programs and workers in each of the Yellowhead Tribal Council’s Member Nations. The NNADAP Coordinator will facilitate and be an essential link to increase networking and strengthen communication between programs and NNADAP workers and also to provide advocacy.
- Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in relevant discipline.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Direct the implementation of a range of activities aimed at preventing and/or reducing the incidence of alcohol and drug abuse and supporting sobriety in YTC communities
- Direct the provision of early identification and intervention services for individuals abusing alcohol and drugs
- Advocate on behalf of YTC Communities to facilitate referrals, aftercare services and treatment services
- Assist in initiating and interpreting client feedback and outcome measurement to support areas of improvement
- Assist YTC communities to identify the resources to meet community information needs
- Improve communication with and support of YTC community NNADAP workers
- Support NNADAP worker certification
- Provide opportunities and support for self-care
- Provide educational resources and information on trends and issues related to practice
- Support local training at community/tribal council level by facilitating and/or arranging train the trainer opportunities
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and manual dexterity
- Flexible work environment
- The ability to travel to Yellowhead Tribal Council communities is essential.
Salary will be determined according to qualifications and experience.
Salary range: TBD
Please forward a cover letter and current resume to
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or fax to 587-524-0181
ATT: Joy Sandy
3rd Floor 17304-105 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5S 1G4
*This employment competition closing date is March 21, 2023,
only those candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.