Health Coordinator / LIAISON
The Yellowhead Tribal Council is looking for a highly motivated individual to fill the position of “Health Coordinator/Liaison” in our Health Department. The Health Coordinator/Liaison is responsible for providing professional support, and advice and liaising with other agencies on behalf of YTC First Nations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintains the coordination of effective working relationships with the YTC Health Steering Committee. Participates in the function of the Health Steering Committee's goals and objectives.
- Analyze, disseminates and provide current health-related information to YTC Health Directors, Co-management Chief, YTC Executive of Chiefs and YTC Chief Executive Officer.
- Participates as a representative at all Co-Management Sub-Committee meetings for YTC First Nations and in consultations with Health Directors.
- Facilitate, implement, and monitor Health Co-management initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge in preparing, monitoring, and reviewing annual budgets and expenditures.
- Liaises with government agencies, on behalf of YTC First Nations and in consultation with YTC Health Directors.
- Maintains effective networking and communication amongst the YTC member First Nations Health Departments.
- Develop relationships and work collaboratively with Health Coordinators in other Alberta Tribal Council offices and or Treaty Areas.
- Advise the YTC member First Nations in the area of Health and program research, development, and implementation, upon request.
- Quarterly reporting on Health Steering Committee.
- Coordinate training, research, and data collection projects for YTC First Nations health staff and or community members.
- Follow up and report on decisions and recommendations made by Health Directors, resolutions made by YTC
- Executive of Chiefs and or Chief Executive Officer on all health-related matters.
- Develop, implement, and monitor YTC's health strategic plan to meet the mandate, goals, objectives, activities, and initiatives.
- Knowledge of the Treaty Right to Health and health legislation is an asset.
- Degree in Health Administration, public administration or extensive Health Administration experience or equivalency.
- Require a strong working knowledge of Health administration practices.
- Knowledge of all levels of government legislation including agencies' policies, programs, and services in relation to
- First Nations Health.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, negotiation, planning and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Possess strong writing skills for proposals and work plans.
- Ability to build effective, objective relations with other Health Directors, Chiefs, FNIHB, and other government agencies.
- Assist and build healthy YTC communities.
- Knowledge of the YTC First Nations & Culture
- Liaison for resources for YTC Communities
- Knowledge of the Treaty and the Treaty Right to Health.
Salary will be determined according to qualifications and experience.
Salary range: TBD
Please forward a cover letter and current resume to
Email: email@example.com and/ or fax to 587-524-0181
ATT: Joy Sandy
3rd Floor 17304-105 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5S 1G4
*This employment competition closing date is November 25, 2022, at 4:30 PM,
only those candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.