EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Experience with computerized ACCPAC accounting software program and internet banking systems
- Diploma/degree in Business Management/Administration and equivalent working experience will also be accepted
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests; preparing cheques.
- Ensure financial records are managed according to legislation, policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles;
- Maintain close working relationship with YTC CFO and YTC Financial Controller to adhere to YTC Finance Policy and Procedures.
- Work during the hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday thru Friday
- Works within the office, with limited travel required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Required to climb three (3) flights of stairs
Salary will be determined according to qualifications and experience.
Salary range: TBD
Please forward a cover letter, current resume and three (3) reference letters to
Email: email@example.com and/ or fax to 587-524-0181.
#304 – 17304-105 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5S 2G8
This employment competition closing date January 15, 2021, only those candidates who fit criteria will be contacted.